Ditch the travel guide and your Urbanspoon app. Really. We’ve got you covered. When it comes to pre- and post-show haunts, our speakers share their insiders’ view on LA. First in this series is John Sofio, founder, BUILT INC(who is also the mastermind behind some of Hollywood’s hottest hot spots, including Blind Dragon and The Nice Guy). Make sure to catch him on the New in the West and Sensory Overload: Blind Dragon panels.
What’s your favorite place to eat/drink in LA?What would you order?
- My favorite place to eat in LA is the Pacific Dining Car in the historic Westlake district. The authenticity of historic LA resonates with my love for the city. I would order the Bone in Rib-Eye charred medium well at 3:30 in the morning.
- My favorite place to drink in LA is Bar Stella in Silver Lake for the understated Euro feel and crowd. There is a great mix of mature creatives that allows for an easy conversation and thought. The old fashioned is a classic here
- Langer’s Deli #19 – Hand Cut Pastrami on Rye with Cole Slaw, Swiss Cheese and Thousand Island dressing
- I would drive my 911 Twin Turbo Porsche through the Angeles Crest Forest and into the High Desert, stopping at the Historic Utopian Site from 1916 the ruins of Llano Del Rio.
- The most inspiring thing about LA is finding young creatives to mold their minds.
- The Thirsty Crow on Sunday afternoon, The Nice Guy on Monday night, The Satellite (formerly Spaceland) for a good indie show.