Product Competition Judges
Product Competition Guidelines
Honorees will be selected by a jury of three design professionals who will peruse entries on the BDwest show floor on April 5, and finalists and winners will be unveiled the next day. All honorees will be recognized on the trade fair floor, and winners will be profiled in Boutique Design magazine. (Last year’s product competition winners were featured in the May 2016 edition).
- Product statement of no more than 250 words must accompany your submission.
- All entrants give permission to Boutique Design Magazine and BDwest to publish photos and descriptions in print and online.
- Products must have been introduced to the marketplace no earlier than April 1, 2016.
- All entrants must be BDwest exhibitors to enter.
- All submission imagery must meet resolution requirements (300 dpi jpg in 5” x 7” format or similar) or submission is ineligible.
- All submissions must be sent in electronic format. No hard copy submissions are accepted.
- Products MUST be on display to be considered. Final judging will take place on the trade fair floor.
The cost to enter is $100 per entry. Exhibitors may submit more than one product for review; however, each product can only be submitted once per category. Product submissions are unlimited.
(fabric wallcoverings, green wallcoverings, laminate wallcoverings, mosaics, murals, paint, vinyl wallcoverings, and wall panels, wallpaper)
(leather, non-wovens, upholstery, vinyl, wovens, and green fabrics)
(carpet, green floor coverings, luxury vinyl tile, rugs, tile and stone flooring, and wood flooring)
(accessories, ceiling fans, fabrics, fireplaces, furniture, lighting, surfacing materials, and umbrellas/cabanas for outdoor use)
(bar seating, casegoods, dining/banquet seating, green furniture, guest room/lounge seating, non-upholstered seating, occasional furniture, tables, task seating, and upholstered seating)
(ceiling fans, chandeliers, energy-efficient lighting, floor lamps, lighted mirrors, lighting system, overhead lighting, pendants, sconces, and table lamps)
- Art & Accessories
(custom art, decorative accessories, decorative mirrors, digital art, sculptures, and wall art)
(mirrors, shower surfacing, accessories, casegoods, spa lighting, bathtubs, faucets/fixtures, green bath/spa products, showers/enclosures and sinks for bath/spa use)
- Architectural Materials
(architectural hardware, architectural panels/cladding systems, celing panels, doors, green architectural materials, milwork, and poured concrete)
(If your product doesn’t fit in a category above put it in “other” if necessary we will move it to the appropriate category or it will be judged against the entries in the “other” category. Product examples: bedding/beds, window treatments, energy-saving technology, sound systems, tvs, signage, tabletop)
*Judges reserve the right to not offer an award in any given category and to reclassify entries into other product categories as necessary or appropriate.
QUESTIONS? CONTACT US
Exhibitor Marketing Manager