Meet the Judges
Product Competition Guidelines
Exhibitor Marketing Manager
- Product statement of no more than 250 words must accompany your submission.
- All entrants give permission to Boutique Design Magazine and BDwest to publish photos and descriptions in print and online.
- Entrants agree to be listed as a competition participant on the BDwest website prior to the trade fair
- Products must have been introduced to the marketplace no earlier than April 1, 2018.
- All entrants must be BDwest exhibitors to enter.
- All submission imagery must meet resolution requirements (300 dpi jpg in 5” x 7” format or similar) or submission is ineligible.
- All submissions must be sent in electronic format. No hard copy submissions are accepted.
- Products MUST be on display to be considered. Final judging will take place on the trade fair floor.
- Entrants understand that ONLY the “short-listed” entries are seen in person by the judges, digital submissions are reviewed prior to the onsite judging. Requests for judges to visit a specific booth for judging will not be honored. The judges have sole discretion over what products to see on the trade fair floor based on the description and photos first.
- If there are special circumstances, i.e. your submission is technology based and hard to demonstrate in a photograph, please email Jaime @ jaime.inklingcg.com to ask for special consideration. Any additional information provided (i.e. a video promotion) will be shared with the judges, this still does not guarantee you will speak with the judges on the trade fair floor, the decision to view a product onsite is at the sole discretion of the judges.
- Judges are considerate of the exhibitors time, if an exhibitor is engaged with a prospective client on the trade fair floor when the judges arrive they will review the product but they will NOT interrupt an exhibitors representative before judging the product.
The cost to enter is $125 per entry. Exhibitors may submit more than one product for review; however, each product can only be submitted once per category. Product submissions are unlimited.
(fabric wallcoverings, green wallcoverings, laminate wallcoverings, mosaics, murals, paint, vinyl wallcoverings, and wall panels, wallpaper)
(leather, non-wovens, upholstery, vinyl, wovens, and green fabrics)
(carpet, green floorcoverings, luxury vinyl tile, rugs, tile and stone flooring, and wood flooring)
(accessories, ceiling fans, fabrics, fireplaces, furniture, lighting, surfacing materials, and umbrellas/cabanas for outdoor use)
(casegoods, occasional furniture and tables)
(bar seating, dining/banquet seating, guest room/lounge seating, non-upholstered seating, task seating, and upholstered seating
(ceiling fans, chandeliers, energy-efficient lighting, floor lamps, lighted mirrors, lighting system, overhead lighting, pendants, sconces, and table lamps)
- Art & Accessories
(custom art, decorative accessories, decorative mirrors, digital art, sculptures, and wall art)
(mirrors, shower surfacing, accessories, casegoods, spa lighting, bathtubs, faucets/fixtures, green bath/spa products, showers/enclosures and sinks for bath/spa use)
- Architectural Materials
(architectural hardware, architectural panels/cladding systems, ceiling panels, doors, green architectural materials, milwork, and poured concrete)
- Other(If your product doesn’t fit in a category above put it in “other” if necessary we will move it to the appropriate category or it will be judged against the entries in the “other” category. Product examples: bedding/beds, window treatments, energy-saving technology, sound systems, tvs, signage, tabletop)
Judges reserve the right to not offer an award in any given category and to reclassify entries into other product categories as necessary or appropriate.